Granted, in order to lose weight you must eat, but the choice of food, what you group it with, as well as when and how much you eat are all important factors. There are ways to naturally suppress your appetite, which I will share with you.
Natural Appetite Suppressants
1. Water - Water is one of the most important nutrients you can put in your body. It is necessary for metabolizing stored body fat, digestion, transportation of nutrients and absorption of vitamins and minerals. It's an important, yet overlooked factor when embarking on a fat loss or fitness program. Drinking adequate amounts of water daily will purge toxins and suppress your appetite. In addition, it's said that you can burn approximately 123 calories for each glass of ice cold water you drink. This is possible because the body must work to warm the water to 98.6 degrees.
2. Complex Carbohydrates - Carbs are broken down slowly. The body must split the long chain and then take one sugar off at a time. This allows the complex carbohydrate to be absorbed gradually into the bloodstream. Complex carbohydrates give a feeling of fullness and sustained energy, keeps the body working longer, and suppresses your appetite. The notion that complex carbohydrates are fattening is misunderstood. They can be the enemy if you eat them by themselves or overeat them. Your best complex carbohydrate choices would come from Mother Nature, such as potatoes, sweet potatoes, brown rice, oats, etc.
3. Essential Fats - Essential fats are great for suppressing the appetite, as well as being essential for our bodies to function properly. Essential fats are not the enemy either. However, trans fats (man-made fats) are. Since our bodies cannot manufacture essential fats, it is vital that we receive them through our nutrition. Adequate amounts of essential fat lowers cravings. These necessary fats can also aid in fat burning if the complex carbohydrates are limited. Don't be afraid to toss some almonds or cashews in your mouth between meals.
4. Protein - Every living cell in your body is constructed of protein. It is necessary for cellular function, proper muscle growth, and tissue repair. Since protein doesn't affect insulin in a negative way, it's always safe to eat and important to include it in every meal. Eating the proper amount of protein for your body can blunt cravings and keep you on top of the fat loss game.
5. Balanced Meals - Balanced meals will give you and appetite suppressant advantage. A balanced meal entails a complete protein, carbohydrate, and an essential fat. Balanced meals keeps your blood sugar stable, provides energy, and aids in fat loss.
6. Eat Every Three Hours - Frequent meals are important for keeping the metabolism high and keeping the appetite low. Every time you eat a meal, your body must work (digest), which increases your metabolism. If you skip a meal, your body doesn't know when it's going to receive food again, so it holds on to body fat and even stores it to survive. In addition, constant, quality feedings kill mad cravings.
7. Avoid Processed Sugar - Processed sugar is the enemy. If you are going to cut anything from your eating program, make it this white devil, although it can come to you incognito. Sugar disrupts your normal body function. It shoots the insulin sky high and then it plummets faster than it went up. It can leave you in a merry-go-round of frustration. When you cut processed sugar from your life, you will regain so much control and combat those nasty cravings.
8. Supplemental Appetite Suppressant - Now Super Citrimax is an amazing supplement that contains chromium polynictionate and HCA. Supplementing with this product will reduce blood glucose levels and allow carbohydrates to be directed to the muscle rather than fat. This is an excellent supplement for those who are carb-sensitive. Stress, high sugar intake, trans fatty acids, over training, sweating, and low fiber contribute to a chromium loss. 500 to 1000 mg, preferably thirty minutes before eating a complex carbohydrate meal. This supplement does not have any side effects.
Conclusion to Appetite Suppressants
Implementing these simple tactics can suppress your appetite and reset your metabolic set point so you can recharge your metabolism. You don't have to start the entire list today, but it would help greatly if you could implement one each week and continue to progress from there.
About The Author
Karen Sessions has been in the fitness industry since 1988 and is a certified personal fitness instructor and specialist in performance nutrition. She is a nationally qualified natural female bodybuilder, holding numerous titles in the southern states including two overalls.
Karen has written six e-books on fitness. She also writes articles for several fitness websites, and distributes two monthly newsletters regarding weight loss and female bodybuilding.
"You Can Have A Female Figure or Fitness Competition Ready Body In Just 12 Weeks!"
Make All Your Figure Model and Fitness Competition Dreams Come True